Seminar series "Advanced Mass Spectrometry"
Organization: Bavarian Center for Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry (BayBioMS)
Dates: Oct. 2018 and 30.01.19 (2 per semester)
10.04.19 and 10.07.19 (2 per semester)
23.10.19 and 22.01.20 (2 per semester)
Location: Campus Weihenstephan, Freising
Status: The course is free of charge.
Are you interested in learning about mass spectrometry in metabolomics and proteomics? We offer a seminar series for everyone interested in mass spectrometry in general and its application at TUM in particular. The aim is to provide a platform for scientific interaction and the opportunity to present your own research project within an interdisciplinary research community.
This seminar is suited for researchers in different fields of life sciences which are interested in applying or already use mass spectrometry for their particular research question; as well as for those who would like to hear more about this technology and its use by other research groups at TUM.
This seminar series covers:
- Scientific talks about research projects in the field of metabolomics, proteomics and bioinformatics
- Insights into experimental design, applied methods and data interpretation
- Information about the basics and application areas of mass spectrometry
- Scientific input and discussion of presented projects
This seminar series offers:
- Understanding of mass spectrometry based metabolomics and proteomics
- Insights into data interpretation, visualization and statistical validation of mass spectrometric data
- Scientific and interdisciplinary exchange with other researchers
- Learning about other people’s projects and collaboration possibilities within TUM
- The opportunity to present your own research project
Participants of the seminar series will deepen their knowledge about mass spectrometry based metabolomics, proteomics and related bioinformatics and will gain insight into research projects at TUM.
There will be a GZW certificate of participation for joining four seminars (certificate subject specific qualification) and a second GZW certificate for presenting your own research project (certificate scientific presentation).
This seminar series is open for everyone. Please register at TUM-Online (LV-No. 0000003354) or for external students: email@example.com.
Let us know if you are interested in presenting your project!